Saturday 21 November 2015

Stage Fright x

Hello guys! Sorry for not a lot of posts recently I've been super busy. So today I thought that I would talk about stage fright in general and give a few tips to limit it as much as possible. The reason that I am talking about this is our school recently had a talent show and sugarandspice and I performed a duet. This was really big for me as many of you know I have anxiety so that makes doing things like this a lot more difficult to do, however, if you really want to do something, then just remember that nothing can stop you. For this I was singing and playing the piano at the same time (multi tasker!). Some things I did before I went on stage were take deep breaths and try to focus. I find that thinking of all of the positive outcomes of this performance will help you do the best that you can. Stage fright is one of the most common fears, so don't be worried if you think you are being really odd. Another tip that sugarandspice taught me was to pretend you body is a skyscraper with many floors (this sounds strange but it really helped before I performed) You just imagine that you are turning on the lights of every floor. This helps with your breathing as well as your focus.
Hope this helped some of you,
Anonymous girl xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment