Monday 9 November 2015

Short Story x

Hello everybody! So I thought that I'd start a segment of my blog where I would write a short story or poem, hope you enjoy! (I've made this one based on real encounters) x

English class. We are going over the same Shakespeare scene for the billionth time. I stare outside the stained window. The trees are shaking vigorously and the rain is pouring onto the dull school field. My green eyes flicker towards the pen-marked white board. The teacher asks us to write a short analysis. I bury my head in my faded red book. All of a sudden my heart begins to beat out of my chest. My pale face turns scarlet red. I cover my face with my hand and start to pack up my things.The bell beacons in my ear. All of the sounds around me become more sharp and frequent. I swiftly exit the room and make my way down the grey stairs. 'Are you okay?' Asks my friend, rushing along beside me. 'Yeah, just a bit tired.' She nods and goes to join everybody else. As I journey to biology, my breaths become shorter. It feels like I am drowning in my own pathetic emotions. As I finally reach the biology room I sit down at my wonky stool. One of my other friends sits next to me. He puts his head on my shoulder and looks up at me 'You're really red, are you alright?' I gave him a little nod and I begin to listen to the teacher. I usually love biology, but today I feel so claustrophobic and anxious, I desperately want to leave. I scurry around in my bag for a drink, as I am parched. I raise my shaking hand in the air 'Miss, can I go and get a drink please?' She nods and hands me her water bottle to fill up as well. When I am out the room I feel a huge relief. I breathe slowly and try to calm myself down. I think it is over, and it is. I take my time getting back to the classroom and smile at my friends who tried to comfort me. But this was the first of many.

Thanks for taking the time to read this guys, I know it was a bit short and not very descriptive, but this was all I could remember from the actual event. This was my first panic attack, so I didn't really know what was going on. However, at least I managed to calm myself down eventually :)
Anonymous girl xxx

2 comments: