Monday 4 April 2016

Saying Goodbye x

 Please come back. I am an empty shell that needs to be full with your love. You were always there, even when I told you not to be. Your permed silver curls would flop down in front of your beautiful conquer eyes, that glistened in the artificial light. You would sing to me constantly with your croaky but soothing voice, though you never knew that you were my sunshine. Your floral, violet dresses would float gently below your knees. You didn't have much money, but you were rich in love and kindness that it could easily fill a room with hope. You taught me life skills, without being pushy towards me. I was your last chance at raising a girl. You never thought of yourself, only ever of others, but they didn't see the light shine through your innocent soul. And then it came. Everything changed. The monster. It paralyzed you and your every move. Everyday it got stronger. I was only seven, but I remember it like yesterday. I didn't want to see you suffer anymore. I refused to see you. I screamed and cried because it was too painful to see you suffer. But I didn't say goodbye. I didn't know you would go so quickly. It was only a year. I never forgave myself. You were my idol. You always had a smile, even when it was hard, you never complained at anything. It was only a year. I miss you Nana.

I know that this is a bit different, but I had a sudden urge to blog about how it feels when somebody close to you passes. I wanted this post to be a tribute to her and to show that she will never be forgotten. She had motor neurones disease, meaning that she would gradually become paralyzed. She was only 63. Thanks for reading
Anonymous girl xxx

1 comment:

  1. It's okay to get upset about these things. It was the anniversary of my nannies death on the first of april. she was 64. I'm always here if you need me.

    ReplyDelete